Monday, April 27, 2015

I Funny a Middle School Story Blog 5

After all the problem with Stevie and his buddies ganging up on Jamie, he got over it then wanted to focus on achieving his goal which was being a comedian of course.  So he was really thinking about how to step up his game to prepare to perform in front of people on a stage.  Jamie all of the sudden thought it would be a good idea to get peoples attention in class and crack jokes there as a starter.  He started talking about the Statue of Liberty, and the class is really just with his friends such as Gaynor, Pierce, and Gilda.  Like every other teacher doesn't accept what Jamie is doing, and then writes him up a detention.  It was really different for him because he's really a geek that doesn't really make any trouble around school.  I think he had like a hour detention, well it was more then like 25 minutes, and then of course his adoptive brother was there.  He took up at least like 10 min and talk to one of the staff about the incident that cause him to be in that position.  It got to the point where he was talking about how he has to get home.  Then the staff was stopped herself from talking about Jamie's condition, and didn't  want him to walk home at night cause that was like around the time he has to be released.  Jamie got his way of getting the staff to let him go early, and so the staff agreed.  But Jamie stopped himself, and told the staff to let Stevie go with because he "helps" him get home.  It was very unexpected for Jamie letting Stevie get out of detention early.  The both walked out,  and Stevie shows appreciation by punching his arm then leaves.
           First what Jamie in class is like something similar every kid does in school.  What I mean is like, theres always gonna be that moment where you do everything you can to show off and impress people.  But it's ok because Jamie only did it to see if he has the courage to say something in front of people.  This book is more about a kid making his way up to a goal to entertain people, so there isn't really any conflict.  The conflict from what I read is man vs man.  It basically only happens when Stevie appears.  I still have a lot of of things I have to inform you about cause I'm almost half done with the book.  I'm still liking the book, and I'm still getting connections here and there.  I enjoy this book.  I don't find it horrible, and I don't find it boring.  See you in blog #6.

1 comment:

  1. Good Job Max! I love the detail in Paragraph 1! Just make sure as you continue to blog you use text evidence (words from the book) in order to master this skill. I am so glad you liked this book! Onto the next one to finish out the year!

    ReplyDelete